Monday, July 2, 2012

Burger Rush


The Burger Rush Menu
 I may have mentioned in previous post that there has been a gourmet burger boom as of late with the recession. With any boom there tends to be a bust. It seems like the boom may be ending. I don't think bRgR is open any longer. I was cheering for bRgR, but I don't think that they were able to work the bugs out. Recently Burger Rush opened up on Paseo del Norte and Wyoming. The color scheme is different then your typical place for dining. It's nice but it's weird how colors impact how we eat and we tend to see red.  The lay out of the shopping center is odd. you cannot access the shopping center from Paseo del Norte so getting there takes a bit of planning.

Single Burger and Fries
It's a five step process: pick your protein, pick a bun, add cheese if you like for a charge, choose your condiments,  and additional toppings, some of which cost extra. It's a no frills menu. I'm not sure how this will fly in this neighborhood. I was surprised to see no salads available. So the novelty of this place is knowing where the beef comes from, a Heritage Ranch Premium Source. From what I gather, it just verifies that your meat came from to a specific ranch.

Double Burger and Onion Rings

The burgers are cooked on a flat top griddle. I ordered a single burger on a wheat bun with cheese, ketchup, lettuce, green chile, onions,and bacon; onion rings and fries to share with my cousins. The place was clean and fairly busy for a late weekday lunch. The burger patty is 4 oz and not cooked to order. The patty was a little dry. I felt that the burger was expensive for what I paid for. The food was good, but not great. I would give Burger Rush two and a half stars out of five.

http://www.burgerrushabq.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home