Saturday, April 30, 2011

Golden Crown Panaderia

The  biscochito is a great thing that seems pretty simple; it's a cookie with anise, cinnamon, sugar, and sometimes lard or most of the time. I cannot recall if I've ever had a bad biscochito, but I can recall the great ones I've had.

On Mountain there is a neighborhood bakery that has been open for about thirty years that makes legendary biscochito, Golden Crown Panaderia. I've heard of this business for years, but didn't make the trip to visit them until recently. From what I gather, it seems like they get a fair amount of business from the downtown crowd during the week with their sandwiches and pizzas. 

The bakery is what seems to be an old adobe house with small parking lot. This place is definitely a dive. The inside of the place it cluttered and cramped.

I ordered a side salad to start my meal and it was just OK. The variety of options available for pizza was pretty cool; individual Golden Crown's combination with green chile crust and a Golden's Big Meat with blue corn crust were ordered. The meal was finished with off a bischchito "chocolate" cookie. The food over all was good, but not great. I liked seeing the variety of options in the pizza options, but the biscochito was great though.

Three stars out of five.

http://www.goldencron.biz/shoppingcart/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home