Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lumpy's Burgers‎

A few months ago, I decided to make the trip down to old Coors and Central to try a burger that I've heard was killer, the Lumpy's Burger. When my friends and I arrived, I was surprised by how the restaurant was set up. It was an old style kind of drive in, but not very well organized. There is an order window and a few mismatched table under a roof. I asked the girl at the counter if I could use the restroom, but there is not one for customers. I was really surprised by this and that's why I ended up visiting Stop & Go across the street from Lumpy's.

I missed the introduction of how to order at Lumpy's due to my visit to Stop & Go. When you want to order at Lumpy's you pick up a brown paper bag that has been stamped with menu selections. You mark what you want with a Sharpie Marker and review the order with one of the employees. I like how you got to pick your potato to make fries. They have a few different cuts of fries like screwy and potato chips. I opted for the screwy fries. For my burger, I ordered the Wimpy burger with green chile and cheese. When I got my bag it was covered in grease from the contents inside the bag. The combination of things was pretty good: the melted cheese, the texture of the plain bun, and the fatty burger patty. Lumpy's was a good burger, but an experience that was nothing notable. I would give Lumpy's two and a half stars out of five.

5420 Central Avenue Southwest, Albuquerque, NM 87105-1856

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home