Sunday, April 11, 2010

Five Star Burgers

Five Star burgers opened a few days after a chain from the east coast called Five guys opened up in Albuquerque. The similar names and the proximity to each other caused some confusion with my group, but it was avoided with a phone call. Five Star occupies the location that used to be occupied by Nothing But Noodles in the shopping center in the northeast corner of Wyoming and Academy. I have yet to eat at Five Guys, but as I've been told it's fast food. Five Star is a higher end burger. The decor of the place is upscale and they do have out door dining. On the north side of the restaurant is a bar with TVs hanging above the bar. The place is clean and tasteful. From what I was able to observe only beer and wine was available at the bar. We opted to sit out on the patio due to the nice weather. The tables are small and it's tough to seat four adults, but one of us was not eating so it worked out after moving the small table around.

I began my meal with a side salad. This was not a good choice. It is a menu item however did not seem well planned. I got a plate of romaine lettuce and not too much more. For dressing, I got the oil and vinegar. The salad was plain. I did get the romaine lettuce because I asked for it, but the romaine was not crisp. There were tomatoes and sunflower seeds, but no cheese and I do not recall an onion on there. My party did split two orders of fries, we ordered one sweet and one normal order of fries. I thought the fries were served in a really cool way. They are served on paper inside of a chrome wire frying basket that is not used for frying, pictured to the right. The fries were pretty good. I normally don't care for sweet potato fries, but these were not too soggy in the center. They were crispy and more like regular fries. For my meal I ordered the Five Star burger which is a burger with bacon and Gorgonzola cheese. I added caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms. The components of the burger were great and all together went well. My burger is pictured below. The buns, meat, veggies and toppings were all good, but this burger was not a good value. You are eating a hamburger in a nicer place, but I think that the price did not equal the food quality or the experience. I would give Five Star Burgers a rating of two and a half stars out of five.

http://www.5starburgers.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home