Sunday, March 21, 2010

Best Lee's


Best Lee's is good Chinese food, but not great. I did not want to make the long drive for Chinese food and wanted a quick meal. I've eaten at Best Lee's three or four times. The place is well decorated and is fits well in the upscale shopping center with a bad parking lot. The parking lot is new, but is in really bad shape. Best Lee's has a sign on display that they are in the Top 100 Local Favorites. I am unfamiliar with this award and did some research.The results were pretty limited. I guess sometimes Goggling stuff doesn't work out. Best Lee's does have a very friendly gentleman that is a manager or the owner. He calls himself "uncle" and is very warm. I did enjoy my interactions with him quite a bit. When I say the food is good, but not great, it's fairly Americanized Chinese food. The offerings are pretty plain, but they are good. The portion size is pretty good, but the to go containers are great.

On this visit I ordered the pork ribs that are boneless and a won ton soup. The food was good, but the pork ribs lacked the crunch that I am familiar with in this style of pork rib. The broth of the won ton soup was bland and the won tons did not have great won ton texture that I normally get. Again, I like this place for the decor, cleanliness, and the friendliness of "uncle," but the food is just good. For me it's good, quick, and convenient Chinese food. Best Lee's gets two and a half stars out of five.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home