Monday, May 31, 2010

Five Guys Burgers and Fries


Can we have a hamburger joint in New Mexico without green chile? We're going to see if Five Guys can pull it off. Five Guys is a hamburger chain that started out in Virgina in 1986 and has expanded to 750 locations in 40 states.

When I arrived at Five Guys it seemed very standardized and clean, like a well managed location for a chain. At first, I thought it was odd that a burger joint offer it's guest peanuts before reaching the counter, but free peanuts are always pretty good. I reached the counter and noticed eight different burgers I could order first separated by size normal and small. Then with different options hamburger, cheese burger, bacon burger and bacon cheese burger. Then the other toppings are free. Some cool complementary toppings are grilled onions and mushrooms. I thought the simple menu was pretty cool. I was warned by a friend not to order the large fries for myself. From how he described it, it was death by fries. I asked the counter staff for a larger order of 1/2 Cajun and 1/2 regular fries. The picture to the left is my order immediately after it was placed on the counter. I was trying to show how greasy the food is at Five Guys. The fries are cooked in peanut oil which I've heard is great for frying but not so great for your health, but I'm not a nutritionist. My burger was smaller than I thought it was going to be, but I'm trying to eat less and run more. When I opened the foil wrapped burger I almost returned by burger because I ordered one with out pickles, but upon further inspection this was just a tag along, not actually in the burger. I got over it pretty quick. It truly was death by fries, I couldn't finish or shouldn't finish an order of fries of any size from Five Guys. The fries were pretty tasty. I enjoyed the Cajun fries a bit more. The burger's patty was pretty fatty, but had a great flavor for ground beef. Overall a good burger. Five guys was just OK. I would give Five Guys two out of five stars.

fiveguys.com






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home