Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stop-N-Go - Burgers and Wings

The Stop-N-Go establishment occupies an old Popeye's Chicken location. It seems that Popeye's was too ambitious for the Albuquerque market and has closed a few locations. My visit to Stop-N-Go was unplanned, but it happened and I was not impressed. I had heard that Albuquerque recently had a In-N-Out Burger imitation and this was it. I ordered the blazin hot wings. It was $3.99 for six wings blazin flavor and no blue cheese was sold at this establishment. I was floored. How do you sell hot wings and not offer blue cheese dressing? It's like selling french fries and not offering ketchup. The blazin wings were not spicy and the wings were cooked in oil that was not hot enough. This resulted in wings that were soggy with grease and did not have a good crispy crust.

The decor is of a former Popeye's Chicken and it was relatively clean. The staff was not impressive by any means; they were not very knowledgeable about the limited menu or very attentive for fast food. I thought this was awkward, but I had to be let into the restroom by one of the staff members due to it being under lock and key. Don't eat at Stop-N-Go. It was not a good experience at all. I would give Stop-N-Go a rating of one out of five stars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home