Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cool Water Fusion

 Cool Water Fusion is a cool restaurant. The food is familiar with a unique twist. An example of this would be their blue corn crusted fried chicken. Tucked away in a strip mall near Wyoming and Menual the restaurant is not visible from the street. The dining area is small, dark, well decorated, but very nice.  Their beer/wine selection is OK, but definitely nothing to write home about. Pictured to the right and below were the appetizers we got on our first visit, blue corn dusted onion rings and the spinach/artichoke dip. The onion rings were excellent. The textures in the onion ring were phenomenal; the crust had a complex crunch with an onion that maintained it natural crunch and flavor. 


I did not take a pic on my steak, it was good, but not great. The reason I say this is I LOVE rare steak. I would get my steaks Pittsburgh more often in this market if I could, but most places in our market cannot make the black crust on the outside.  The blue corn crusted fried chicken my friend ordered gave me a really bad case of food envy. The pieces pictured below and right were small but very flavorful. The corn and mashed potatoes were an excellent paring. My main gripe about the fried chicken was the size of the pieces of chicken.
I can't recall the fish dish pictured below, but it was pretty tasty from what my friend said.
Below is one of the desserts we ordered it was the bread pudding a la mode. It was really tasty and texture wise true to bread pudding.

Our server was a freak of nature. When I say this she did not have an arm growing through her forehead, but that she was pleasant, personable and a medical student.  Cool Water Fusion is a great culinary wise, but could use more space and better wine/beer list.

I would give Cool Water Fusion a three and a half stars out of five.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home