Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bubsters: The Original Rex Hamburger Grill

Greasy spoons are part of all of our society's guilty pleasures. Rex's was one of my favorite greasy spoons that is a locally owned burger joint. Rex's closed in 2005 for reasons that I am unsure, but some speculation is financial problems or a buy out that went bad. Recently this establishment re-opened with a new name Bubsters: The Original Rex Hamburger Grill. Brand recognition is amazing for sales, so I can understand why they wanted to associate Rex's with the new business. The decor remains the same: pop culture and Lobo orientated. As I understand, Bubsters was able to get some of the old staff back, which I find interesting because they shut down shop in 2005.

Rex's hamburgers are great because they are made from fresh, never frozen ground beef, that is squished from a round shape into a patty on the griddle. Due to this fact, your starting off a burger with a great patty. I think a great burger begins with great meat and great toppings are like great icing on cake. Bubsters carries a variety of toppings like green chile, mushrooms, bacon, grilled onions, avocado, or another patty. The burgers are very simple: made to order. They also have a killer $3.55 shake. Granted this is not a "five dollar shake" from Pulp Fiction, but it is close in price and quality.

The fries my first visit were similar to what I recall from years ago, but my last visit they went to a crinkle fries which I did not care for. For the most part, the restaurant remains the same, but new name and new location. I would give Bubsters a four out of five stars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home