Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Hong Kong becomes 328 Chinese Cuisine

When I was in college at New Mexico Tech, there was a dive Chinese joint on California Street that I grew to love. The food is on the greasy side of things, but it became almost like "comfort food" for me while I was in college. The proprietor of the Hong Kong shut down a few years ago and opened a new restaurant in Albuquerque on Menaul east of San Mateo. I stumbled across this place because I had to drop off a tool at the Dewalt repair center. My friend, Danny had mentioned that the owner had opened up shop and the name, but I did not remember where the restaurant was. So recently, John, the owner of the Hong Kong, opened up 328 Chinese Cuisine. The decor of the restaurant is very simple, but clean. The dish to get is Mongolian Beef or Chicken and get it as hot as you can handle. This is not a culinary experience that will change your life, but if you want reasonably priced Chinese food, good portions, and basic Americanized Chinese food, this is the place to try. I would give this place three of five stars, but if you went to Tech go there ASAP.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home