Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pizza 9

I love Chicago style deep dish and was excited that Albuquerque was getting a Chicago style pizza place. I did not get what I wanted, but such is life. Let's start this entry on a good note, Pizza 9 is great member of the community: they sponsor schools, school programs, and much more I'm sure. The only time I recall having bad pizza was in Socorro, NM. The pizza did not taste good and made me sick about an hour later. Chalk it up to life experience and I was young, dumb, and in college. You eat a lot of crazy stuff then.

Going back to what I said about not getting what I wanted, I wanted a deep dish pizza, but got a pizza with a medium sort of crust or at least what I do not classify as a deep dish pizza. Their online menu offers a deep dish pizza. I ordered a family salad and Deluxe pizza with Chicago beef. The Chicago beef is a spiced beef. Pizza 9's Chicago beef is spicy and tender, so a culinary marvel that melts in your mouth. The rest of the meal was OK. The salad was simple romaine lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots. The Ranch dressing was OK. The pizza was OK. The crust was not memorable and the toppings were OK with the exception of the Chicago beef. Notice that I say OK a few times, Pizza 9 is OK, but just OK. They seem to be expanding quickly so maybe I am wrong.

I would give Pizza 9 a score of two and a half stars out of five. Pizza 9 would not be my first choice for a pizza night.

http://pizzanine.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home