Thursday, May 21, 2009

Charcoal Mediteranean Grill

Recently Asado, a Brazilian Churrasco that I thought was OK, closed. It seems that Albuquerque is only big enough for one Churrasco and Tucanos won. The location in the restaurant plaza that Asado used to occupy is now occupied by a restaurant called Charcoal Mediterranean Grill. This location is two blocks south of another Mediterranean Grill, Pars.

The restaurant’s décor is pretty much unchanged. The salad bar is there, but empty and there are new paintings on the walls. The décor of Asado was not too impressive. It was modern, but it did not blend together too well. The floor is a finished concrete that is colored. The counter areas are tiled with bright colored tiles that are nice, but nothing memorable. The water fountain is still there and really interesting, but they did not run it while I was there. The water fountain has a rusted metal backing that is pretty cool.

I went to Charcoal during lunch and there were not very many customers. There were two cooks that I saw and one waiter. The service was surprisingly slow for how many patrons there were. It took about 15 minutes for the server come to get my order for my drink and bring it back. I ordered lamb chops with rice and dolmas. I asked for the lamb rare, but it was brought out well done. I asked the server about this and the cook came out, but my lamb was not replaced. It was ok, but lamb I have never had bad lamb. So for this experience I paid about 20 dollars before tip. My portion of lamb was small and the rest of the meal was just OK.

I do not think that this place will be open very long due to the fact that it is so close to a better restaurant that sells the same cuisine, is in the same plaza or close to great restaurants of different cuisines, and the food was not great or great value. The experience was not bad, but it was not good. I would give this restaurant two out five stars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home